Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2nd Time's Not Quite the Charm

I've only been pregnant for 3 months, but there are some interesting differences the second time around that I've noticed.

1. I'm not as excited to get into maternity clothes as I was the first time around. That's probably due to the fact that I had to get into them a whole lot sooner than before, and not for cute baby-belly reasons.

2. I'm also not excited about buying maternity clothes. I think this will probably be our last one, and I keep thinking about the money I'll spend on clothes I will only wear for half a year.

3. First time around, I was signing up left, right, and centre for prenatal yoga, prenatal massage, aquafit, buying every book, and surfing every baby website there was. This time around, after coming home from a job that is a lot busier and stressful than the job I had when I was pregnant with Cameron, making dinner for the family, and getting Cameron ready for bed, I am done for the night. I have no energy this time around.

4. At this point in my first pregnancy, we had bought our stroller system, pack & play, and had lists galore of items to buy. I don't want to look at baby clothes, but I have done some preliminary investigation into a sit 'n stand stroller. And there are no lists floating around my house.

5. I can't believe there are only 6 months left. This pregnancy is flying by. I should be as uber-anxious to get baby stuff done as I was the first time around, since we have to make our office into the baby's room.

And on the cute-stories-about-Cameron note, he is now at that wonderful stage where he's saying most of his own prayers, or at least what he wants to say 'thank you' for. The other night's prayer went something like this:

"Thank you for cars. Thank you for church. Thank you for bread and water. (then started the looking around the room for things to be thankful for) Thank you for blankies. Thank you for pillows. Thank you for toys. Thank you for Giraffe and Duck (stuffed animals)." Tonight at least he said "thank you for Mommy & Daddy". And there's me kneeling beside him, heart slowly melting.

I love that kid.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Cameron's prayer is super cute, but it does beg the question: bread and water? What are you feeding this kid? ;)