Saturday, January 31, 2009

2 Birds with 1 Stone

So I was tagged in the Facebook's 25 Random Things that is going around. I figured since it took me so long to come up with something, I'm going to post it here as well.

So enjoy the weirdness of me!


1. I used to pronounce mayonnaise as “mah-naize” until I was a teenager and someone told me I was saying it incorrectly.

2. When I had my learners permit, I would only drive on the Westside of Lethbridge for about a year because I was too afraid of the traffic. I wish my 14 year old self could have seen my driving in downtown Toronto 10 years later.

3. When I graduated with my BSW, I swore up and down that I was done school.

4. When I graduated with my MSW, I swore up and own that I was done school.

5. I’m kind of contemplating whether I would want to eventually teach Social Work, and am wondering if 10 years down the road I should try for my PhD.

6. I am so jealous of stay at home moms.

7. I put the timer on whenever I cook any type of pasta, even 3 minute Ichiban.

8. I think I “hit the wall” about 6 months ago when it comes to cooking dinners.

9. If I knew how much fun kids were, I probably would have had one sooner.

10. I love sleep. I counted down my pregnancy by how many weekends I had left to sleep in.

11. I hate clothes shopping with a passion. If I was in better shape, I’d probably love it, so I guess being fat saves us money.

12. Except that every 5 years or so, I get sucked into buying a gym membership that I don’t end up using.

13. I love my calling as a Laurel’s teacher in church. I think I wish I was 17 again.

14. I am totally and utterly in love with my husband still after 10 years of being together and 8 of those being marriage (in June).

15. I think I would have had a nervous breakdown moving to Toronto if we didn’t have Ash’s awesome friends.

16. I want to take singing lessons because I haven’t sung in about 10 years and my voice sucks.

17. Working at the movie theater made me a movie snob. Who greenlights some of these things?

18. I think I’m also a music snob too.

19. If I get a craving for something, it will be in the back of my mind until I get it. Which could be months later, but it’s still there.

20. I love to read but have a hard time finding new books.

21. My family is the most important thing in the world to me.

22. I want to have at least 2 more kids.

23. I lean towards savory foods rather than sweet.

24. I hate any sort of debt – I feel obligated to pay someone back a dime I might have to borrow from them.

25. Both of our cars are Toyota Corollas.

No comments: