Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Potty Time

Cameron is over 2 and a half years old now. He has shown some of those signs that apparently mean he's ready for potty training. So we've been having discussions about pull ups, underwear, and how diapers are for babies, not big kids. But what kind of a come back can I give when my kid tells me that "diapers are cool, Mom."?

So today we've decided to really start giving it a shot. This morning Cameron and I went to the dollar store to buy some stickers (fishes and cars) and Smarties. When we got home he asked for them, and I reminded him of the rules. 1 sticker for at least sitting on the potty, and 1 Smartie if he actually goes in the potty. He immediately said "I want to go pee in the potty". So up the stairs we marched, me somewhat skeptical. Lo and behold, he actually went pee in the potty!

After his nap we're going to make an aquarium for his fish stickers, and a road for his car stickers to hang on the wall behind his potty.

Anyone have any other tips on how to make this work?

1 comment:

Skye said...

Holy smokes, sounds like you're doing fantastic already! I even say the word "potty" around here and Stratton yells out NO, and starts screaming. I can't even get him to sit on it. Sad. I figure if i can get him potty trained by Kindergarten, i'm laughing.