Thursday, February 19, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear?

We live in the end unit of a townhouse (freehold!). We had the best neighbours right next to us when we moved in. They were a family with 3 boys and a dog, and we never heard any noise from them at all. And believe me, these were 3 active boys and a pretty yappy dog.

Last year they moved away and a man moved in next door. We don't really know him too well as he is not home that often. And thank goodness for that, because this guy is a thumper. We can hear him stomping and thumping around, especially right around the time when we are hoping to go to bed. And the other day, we were lying in bed reading before going to sleep when we both could hear this strange noise. I thought it was music until my kind husband pointed out that no, it was our neighbour snoring.

Ewwwww.

Okay, seriously. How loud do you have to be snoring for us to hear it? I mean, in the whole 2 years the other family was living next to us, we didn't hear a peep. And now I can hear this guy snoring?! Maybe I should anonymously drop off some of those Breathe Right strips.

(As I'm typing this, I can tell that he is home. I can hear him thumping around again.)

It kind of makes me wonder what he might be hearing from us.

No comments: